Sinefa Probe – Installation experience
My need was for a simple way to gain insights into problems with my network. (See why I started this journey Part 1 – Needs). This is my experience with installation of a Sinefa (www.sinefa.com) network probe.
Let’s keep this short: I struggle to see how installation could be made any easier. The probe comes pre-configured and all you need to do is follow the simple 3 step guide that comes with the probe:
- Log into your account and add the probe (https://app.sinefa.com)
- When you order the probe online you create an account and login details
- This also means that when I logged in the probe had already been added to my account
- Add the probe into the network inline between your router/firewall and rest of the network (switch/hub/wireless)
- This video shows how easy this is:
- Go back to your account and there should be a subscribe button on the row of your probe that will activate it
That’s it – easy
DISCLOSURE: Sinefa provided me with one of their SF200 probes on a 90 day trial to allow me to carry out this review.